Monday, Monday

28 May

I just woke up, despite the fact that my alarm went off exactly 1.5 hours ago.  So far, I’ve spent the bulk of that time pressing “snooze” (in inconvenient ten-minute intervals) before finally turning the blasted thing off.

As I drifted in and out of consciousness, the waking moments produced a list of what I wanted to accomplish today: exercising (a last-ditch effort to belatedly prepare for my beach vacation looming two weeks away); tanning (see previous reasoning); cleaning the apartment (so the roommate who is recording in Savannah doesn’t think I live like a heathen while unsupervised); and, finally, and I dare say, most importantly, I’m going to write (because, when it’s all said and done, I don’t want to be referred to as a woman of multiple careers who just happened to write a book… I want to be remembered as an author who wrote several semi-entertaining stories).

All of those tasks combined ended up serving as an internal alarm clock.  I believe it’s time to bust out the old pen and notebooks; I’m going to compose something brilliant.

But before I do that, I’d like to take a moment to thank all of those service men and women who don’t get a day off from their “day jobs” and to remember the ones who gave everything for what we have today.

Memorial day isn’t just a workless Monday to be spent barbecuing and lying poolside reading a good book, it’s a day to give thanks for the freedoms we Americans continue to enjoy and remember the people who made it all possible.

-Jenny

About these ads

7 Responses to “Monday, Monday”

1. Katherine Browning May 28, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Well said Jenny, well said!

2. Wildcats WIfe May 29, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Thank you for this post. Nicely written. Also, you’re not following me on Twitter!!!! Good Lord. I tried to DM you & I was baffled why my message wasn’t going through. My twitter handle is @CarrieCrain

3. Wildcat's Wife May 29, 2012 at 9:32 am #

Nicely written. Couldn’t agree more! I tried DMing you today on Twitter and it wouldn’t go through. GOOD GOD, you are not following me!!!! My Twitter handle is @CarrieCrain

• movingforeword May 29, 2012 at 10:00 am #

Oh no! I have fixed that issue! I’m still getting used to the whole Twitter-revolution :) I’m looking forward to some very insightful tweets!

• Wildcat's Wife May 30, 2012 at 10:19 am #

Thanks so much for following me back! Sometimes, I “attempt” to tweet terribly unfunny jokes. Just ignore those!! ;)

• movingforeword May 30, 2012 at 10:30 am #

Noted! I won’t hold any of those against you as a writer.